I had a feminist depression dream

 I was going to received an award, finally get the recognition I deserve. I put on a dress. I was excited. I congregated in an area with others as speeches were made during a ceremony.  A woman, almost my doppelganger, asked me if I was wearing underwear and shorts beneath my dress. I immediately felt shame - but also anger. I felt cut down to size in half a second. Within the dream I became indignant. My mother was there. She was enraged with me. The woman kept asking me about my underthings. It felt like harassment. I hadn't written my speech yet. I was unprepared, as usual. I asked (!) if I could include the story of the woman in the speech. I was told it wouldn't be a good idea. I was told my women and (get this) a man I didn't even know. Why was he even there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have this theory

The World Is Bad